Coconut Pumpkin Soup Recipe, the healthy fat in coconut milk is 50% lauric acid, which can kill bacteria, fungi, and viruses, and a touch of green curry gives it just enough spice to warm you up on a chilly autumn day. This simple fall, flu-fighter soup also happens to be ridiculously tasty and easy to make; whip it up in minutes for a quick lunch, a standout side-dish for a potluck, or with hearty bread for a satisfying supper. Gluten-free & 100% plant-based.
This post is adapted from an original article from somethewiser.danoah.com.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
- 1 can Coconut Milk
- 2 1/2 cups Pumpkin Puree
- 2 teaspoons Green Curry Paste, Thai
- In a medium saucepan, whisk together all of the ingredients and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 7 to 10 minutes until heated through and flavors are blended. Taste and adjust seasonings as needed.
- For kids, you can add a drizzle of honey or maple syrup. For grownups, serve as is or garnish with fresh cilantro.
- Canned pumpkin puree works well, but fresh roasted pumpkin prepared in advance would be ideal for best flavor.